What follows are abstracts of Independant research on “ The Marketing of the Insurance loss Assessing industry in Ireland ”, carried out in 1994 by Aoiffe Mc Nulty as part of a Marketing Degree.
The sample for this survey has been randomly selected from the client list of Balcombes Loss Assessors and covered a mix of both commercial and private customers.
Benefits associated with an insurance loss assessor:
The statements in red were the most commonly cited advantages of appointing an insurance loss assessor according to respondants in the commercial sector.
- They (the assessor) read and assess your policy fine print.
- They value your claim on your behalf.
- Employing an insurance loss assessor allows you to get on with real work decisions.
- Employing a loss assessor takes the stress out of dealing with the insurance company.
- They have expertise in maximising and preparation of a claim
- They have in-depth knowledge of policy cover/clauses.
- They are interested in getting the best for their client.
- They are reassuring in a difficult situation.
- The following statement were also put to the people interviewed.
I would not use an insurance loss assessor at all!
In the commercial segment, 100% of respondents dissagreed with the above statement. Of those 100%, 70% strongly dissagreed.
In the private segment, 5% of respondents where undecided, 30% agreed and 65% strongly dissagreed with the statement.
Overall, the survey showed that both the commercial segment and the private segment found the use of a Loss Assessor invaluable when dealing with a claim.