7 Summer tips from the burglar
- An open window or door to let in fresh air is an invitation for me to come in.
- The three things I hate most are alarm systems, loud dogs and nosy neighbours.
- If you leave post and flyers on the door mat or letterbox while you are away I will know that you are not there.
- A loud TV or radio can be a as good a deterrent as an alarm system.
- Why would you install an expensive alarm system and not set it?
- If I try your door and it happens to be un-locked…bingo….I’m in.
- If you leave money, jewellery or the latest tech gizmo lying around that makes my job a lot easier.
7 Tips from Balcombes:
- Photograph and make an inventory of jewellery and valuables – Do it now!
- Check your Insurance Policy and make sure you comply with any security conditions.
- Do not reduce your sums insured to save premium – if you are under-insured, you will be penalised.
- If there is an alarm warranty on your policy make sure you comply with it, as the discount on your policy is not worth it if your claim is declined.
- Keep jewellery in a locked safe.
- Install mortice locks on external doors and window locks on all accessible windows.
- Have a good security regime that all the family live by.