Hurricane Ophelia – the aftermath
Our team of assessors are currently deployed across the country to deal with property damage claims. We act on behalf of property owners to help them to recover from their loss and damage. We compile full written claim details to support your claim submission, and we negotiate settlement under the terms of the policy.
Balcombes have advised policyholders to:
- Take photographs of the damage
- Secure the premises against further damage/effect temporary repairs.
- Report the claim to your Insurer.
- Remove wet or damage contents but do not dispose of them off site.
- Make an inventory of damaged items or appoint a Loss Assessor to handle the claim to ensure they receive their full entitlement under the terms of the policy.
Insurers will appoint Loss Adjusters or Builders to assess or repair the damage to buildings, but it is important to recognise that they are there to represent the Insurer and will not, for example, compile a claim for damaged contents. Loss Assessors work for the Policyholder and will provide support and reassurance over the process, and the steps to take. We are there to represent the property owner. “People want to know where they stand. It’s important that they have someone they can rely on the fully assess the damage on their behalf” said Jim Flannery, Director. “With over 40 years experience dealing with storm damage claimants in Ireland, you can put your trust in us”. Call us on 1800 506 700